[GARD align=”center”]

[GARD align=”center”]

Knot Dossier

• Share Photos With Me

alex krasny on facebookalex krasny on twitteralex krasny on instagram

• About This Knot

The Vidalia knot looks like a double cape knot, and in pretty much is. Tying it isn’t as simple as it seems however, some unorthodox moves are required. This knot was invented by Linwood Darkis check out his channel for more crazy knots.

• Difficulty: High

The moves are unorthodox. Tightening the knot is very hard and complex. It uses lots of fabric. This one will take you some practice.

• Fabric Consumption: High

It uses a ton of fabric. I am sorry to say it might not be possible if you are tall or large. Consider using a vest.

• Symmetry: High

One of the cooler knots when it comes to symmetry.

• Style: Solids, Paisley, Pattern

The folds are too complex for stripes to keep it simple. Let the complex knot be the star of the show.

• Venue: Celebratory

This knot is flamboyant, I would keep it to light-hearted events like weddings or new year parties.

• Tips

• Try it with a contrast tie
    • Simple ties are best
    • Consider a vest
    • Thin soft ties are recommended
  • You Might Also Like

eldredge knot

Eldredge
    truelove knot on a patterned blue tie

Truelove
    trinity tie knot on purple tie

Merovingian
    Cape Knot

Cape

10 replies
  1. Jerrad Logue
    Jerrad Logue says:

Hello,

I have been enjoying your tie knot videos VERY much, but I’m having trouble locating a two tone tie to make the knots really stand out. Where do you purchase your two tone ties from that won’t cost an arm and a leg? I love the contrasting fabrics on each blade of the tie. Just now discovering the reason for this style. Thanks in advance.

• AlexKrasny
      AlexKrasny says:

I have been lucky spitting Tommy Hilfigure ties at TJmaxx. Otherwise try searching for Contrast Ties on google you should find something.

2. Michelle Beatson
    Michelle Beatson says:

Hi I would just like to thank you for this website I use it all the time in my business, I hire suits for wedding and your ties look amazing when I show them at wedding shows, I have introduced this page to so many customers who all love it, having that extra little flare for the guys (at last) is great. You are a fab teacher very clear and easy to follow. Many thanks again

3. Simon
    Simon says:

The moves are somewhat similar to the double crossover, so once you are used to one of them, the other should be easy. Anyway, this is an awesome knot, thanks for the tip.

4. Glen Bramlitt
    Glen Bramlitt says:

I never knew there were nearly as many tie knots until I found your site. Since then I have used your site as a reference for every knot I use. I usually use the Eldridge, Merovingian, and Trinity. You even made the Double Windsor so much easier than when I was trained how in the military. Customers at work constantly compliment my knots, and ask how I do them. Everytime I refer them to agreeordie.com. So hopefully your traffic has picked up over the past year a little with people I have referred to you. Keep up the awesome work.

5. Michelle
    Michelle says:

I just discovered your tie tying knots videos via Pinterest, and you’re AWESOME!!! Just when I thought I’ve seen them all you surprise me with several I’ve definitely never seen and are new favorites. Your ability to teach is top notch, so high marks there, too. Excellent video quality–just high marks all around, man! Thanks so much for contributing to a renewal of style, grace, and all things gentlemanly in our culture today. The standard of manliness definitely needs to be raised again. (Your wife must be so proud!) Have a fab day and keep it coming!!

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!